The Law Offices of Carlin & Buchsbaum, LLP
555 E. Ocean Blvd, Suite 818
Long Beach CA 90802
Laurel Haag joined Carlin & Buchsbaum with a specialized interest of defending employees in a wide range of employment matters, including wrongful termination, discrimination, sexual harassment, and wage and hour issues. Prior to joining the team, Laurel worked as an associate at a large management side law firm. By developing her skills and insight on management side, she gained valuable understanding of defense strategies that has proved very valuable in her work today representing employees. Laurel was second chair to Brent Buchsbaum in two recent successful cases one in which Carlin and Buchsbaum recovered a $100,000 jury verdict for a former Costco employee for confinement and interrogation in the workplace (read more) and a second in which $1.17 million was recovered in a well-publicized wrongful termination suit against the City of Pasadena (read more). In both 2012 and 2013, Laurel was recognized as a Rising Star by Super Lawyers in employment litigation, an honor that is given to no more than 2.5% of lawyers in the state. She was also selected to Super Lawyers list of Top Women Attorneys in Southern California in 2012 and recognized by Los Angeles Magazine among The Top LA Women Lawyers. In 2000, Ms. Haag was an instructor at UCLA for Sexual Harassment and the Law.
Laurel received her J.D. from the UCLA School of Law in 2000. During her law practice, she taught a seminar for Lorman Education Services entitled Advanced FMLA. Prior to law school, she received her B.A. in Urban Studies and Planning from the University of California, San Diego, where she graduated summa cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa in 1997. Laurel lives with her husband in Signal Hill and enjoys traveling and music.
Honors and Affiliations
- 2012-2013 Los Angeles Magazine The Top LA Women Lawyers
- 2010 – 2013 Super Lawyer Rising Star
- 2010 – 2013 Super Lawyer Top Women Attorneys in Southern California
- 2000 admitted to the California State Bar and U.S. District Court, Central District
- 1999 – 2000: The American Inns of Court
- Member of the Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Member of the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Member of California Employment Laws Association
- Summa cum laude & Phi Beta Kappa at U.C. San Diego
- Do I have Job Protection during a Health Emergency?
- Can I get overtime pay in California if I’m being paid a salary?
- Is that Severance Agreement Negotiable?
- Carlin & Buchsbaum Recovers Over $400K in Racial Harassment Case Against AutoNation, Inc.
- Laurel Haag Named Super Lawyer Rising Star for 4th Consecutive Year